Re: Splitting a CCTV signal to two monitors

Henry Hallam wrote:
> Hi,
> Is it possible to use an ordinary BNC T-splitter (one female, two
male)
> to split the signal from a camera so that I can watch the video from
> CCTV camera on a monitor while also capturing it on a computer with a
> capture card?  Or would I need more sophisticated electronics?

Yes, it's possible to split it that way although you will lose some of
the strength of the video signal because both devices are terminated
with a 75 ohm resistor. If one of the devices allows you to disable the
75 ohm load then that would be best, but I find the drop of splitting a
signal once, to be tolerable. Another option is to buy an actual video
splitter, or you could always remove the 75 ohm resistor from one of
your devices :)