Re: Splitting a CCTV signal to two monitors

> Yes, it's possible to split it that way although you will lose some of
> the strength of the video signal because both devices are terminated
> with a 75 ohm resistor.

Most professional video monitors have selectable termination to switch the
75-Ohm in or out as needed.  Most pro grade units have a feed through
connection to allow viewing while passing the signal on to either another
monitor or a recording device.

> ... I find the drop of splitting a signal once,
> to be tolerable. Another option is to buy an
> actual video splitter...

If the camera isn't junk (eg, X10) you can split the signal two ways without
discernable loss.  Ordinary video splitters don't amplify the signal so they
won't be any better and some can even make things a little worse.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics