Re: X-10 Failed Sequentially for no apparent reason

Most X10 devices incorporate a PIC processor.  There is a known
"read,/modify, write" scenario with the IO ports when a bit set or bit clear
instruction is performed.  The IO port can switch to the wrong state.  There
has been some discussion about this in the past with the CM11A.  I don't
think the X10 firmware authors take the proper steps to avoid this problem
(such as using shadow registers for the IO ports).  It's possible that the
device locked-up.  Cycling power essentially reset the TM751.

Alan