Re: X-10 Failed Sequentially for no apparent reason

Thanks to both posters in this topic for the ideas and for the offer. I
unplugged the
TM751 for about a day, and I just plugged it back in and it's working
fine, controlling
every module. No real changes to the electrical picture in the house
... nothing added
or subtracted. I *did* notice that on the day in question AM radio
reception (always an
issue in the exurb where I live) was poor. It's possible that they were
using something electrically noisy on the construction site not too far
away from me (they're laying infrastructure for 100 new homesites), but
I would have expected it to damage over-the-air performance of the
remote rather than affecting hardwired signals.

Perhaps performance degrades due to heat generated by the transformer?
If so, this problem will probably reassert itself in a matter of hours
or days.