Re: X-10 Failed Sequentially for no apparent reason

>> Cycling power essentially reset the TM751.

Cycling power alone (repeated unplugging and replugging, sometimes for
a few minutes) didn't do it. There was a cool down period of
indeterminate length required (since I had it unplugged a couple of
days, we'll call that the cool down period). Other than that I think
you hit the nail on the head. The periodic staticky pair of humming
tones can again be heard faintly on the baby monitor, which makes me
think the TM751 is working OK again (aside from the fact that the
lights go on and off from the remote as they should).