>"Dave Houston" <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Ida Slapter <buffalohide@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> >Yes....since it still works like a charm from a different maxi
>> >controller and the RF remote control....   doesn't make sense to me!
>> >

>> Has some new device recently been plugged in to the same circuit?
>>

>Also to the OP.
>
>Even something plugged in to a different circuit but on the same leg can
>suck a signal.
>Check for anything you can think of that might be new or moved before the
>problem occurred.
>
>If necessary you may try unplugging everything else one at a time, hopefully
>when the "problem" is unplugged the module should start working again.

Given that the device can still be controlled by other transmitters, the
attenuator is likely to be between the suspect maxicontroller and this
device. Attenuators tend to affect only the signal downstream of their
location. A noise source or more upstream attenuator will usually have wider
effects.