Re: HomeSeer Question

"Barry" <barryminusspam@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:114k3833851ie97@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>I apologize if this is a stupid question.  Have been controlling x-10
>lights with Homeseer for about 5 years with little difficulty.  Recently
>had problems with some not responding reliably, some not at all.  Went
>through the whole thing of trying to find a new noise source and so forth.
>I have bridge/signal amplifier.  Really could not find a problem.  I know
>the switches worked because I could plug a controller into certain outlets
>and control them.  Anyway, I decided the switches (Switchlinc 1 way) were
>older so I would replace them with Switchlinc 2-way switches.  The new
>switches are all installed and actually work well.  I occasionally have a
>problem. My question is that I can poll the switches manually in homeseer
>and see their status but the software does not seem to automatically do
>this after it sends a command.  I would think this would be automatic to
>make it more reliable.  I mean give a command and then ask to see if it was
>carried out. Then it could reissue or correct it if it was not.  I am only
>using the basic interface.  I have not done any of my own programming,  I
>really have little time.  So am I missing something.  Is there a way to
>easily have the program do this and make the x-10 more reliable?  Does this
>require special programming?  Am I completely missing the boat in how this
>works?
>
> Thanks
>
> Barry

Depends on the method you are using to turn them on in homeseer but how
about something like

Event fred
    device action - turn on L1
    script to run
    hs.waitsecs 1
    while notsure=1
        'check
        hs.execx10 "L1","status" ' you would have to check the homeseer help
for execx10 to see the syntax
        if hs.isoff("L1") then 'filled in by the status command
            hs.execx10 "L1","on"
        else ' status returned on
             notsure=0

PLEASE NOTE: Thinking aloud syntax - not real vbscript by the hs. things are
real hs calls.

I don't have any 2 way devices to try this against but I think the idea is
sound.

Paul