Re: DSC 832 - how to reset?

The trouble light will reset when it makes a call that does not require a
response e.g a pager.

I also have a DSC832, and after some playing around, I came up with a
solution that works quite well.

Here's how it works:

When me or my wife disable the alarm, with Code 1, no call is made by the
system.

When the kids get home and disable the alarm, with Code 2, I receive one
ring/buzz on my cell phone.

When the alarm is triggered I receive two calls, if I attempt to answer any
one of the calls I hear a series of tones, separated by short pauses.

The trouble light does not come on after the system makes any of the above
calls.

The Settings:

Sec. 160  ->  002

Sec. 161  ->  010

Sec. 301  ->

   D<my cell number>EEF

Sec. 302  ->

   D<my cell number>EEE1E2E1E2E1E2E1E1F

Sec. 310  ->  2222

Sec. 320  ->

   21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28

Sec. 344  ->

   FF 88 FF FF FF FF FF FF

Sec. 360  ->  05 05

Sec. 361  ->  x1xxxxxx (1=ON, x=OFF)

Sec. 363  ->  x1xxxxxx

Sec. 365  ->  1xxxxxxx

The above settings assume the following:

a) An alarm company does not monitor the system.

b) You have a basic eight-zone system (PC5010).

c) You do not have the special dialer/speech module installed.

FYI: I have also configured the DSC832 to monitor the garage doors for
open/closed status, without triggering the alarm. Post here if you want
details.

Bob