Re: Hot Water Lobster (Hot water circulation system)

"Sam" <ssmilemonkey@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> Hi,
>   Does anyone try out this product, The Hot Water Lobster?  It doesn't
> need the extra power which is good for my situation.  Here is their
> website
>
> http://www.hotwaterlobster.com/

It sounds kind of hokey to me. How does convection allow the hot water to
move back down the cold water pipes? They are both under pressure, you won't
get the cold water to flow backwards without something pushing it. If the
convection is from the heater itself, it would take hours if not days, for
the heat to rise to the valve. Replace this with a pump and you have
something:

http://www.chilipepperapp.com/Default.htm

(Not affiliated. I have a Grundfos pump with a hot water return line, a
tankless heater, and a timer)

Brad Houser