Re: X10 Control Question

Further to my post - the rain8 is meant to work with an XM-10 power line
interface, I think my controller uses a TW523 Powerline interface.  I also
note mention of a CM11 interface.  I hope this extra info helps.  As an X10
newby, what is the difference between a CM11, a cM12, a PL513 and TW 523
powerline interfaces ?

Thanks in anticipation

"hi ho" <someone@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> I have an automation controller that can control powerline X10 devices by
> connecting a Power Line Interface (PL513 or TW523) with a supplied cable
> with RJ11 connectors on each end that plug between my automation
controller
> and powerline interface module.
>
> Now the query, what serial communication protocol is used between the
PL513
> and my automation controller.  Reason is that I do not really want to
> control using the powerline option due to reliability issues - rather
> connect say a Rain8 X10 device (that is normally connected to the
powerline
> via TW523 like my automation controller) directly by cable to my
automation
> controller.  Indeed can you daisy chain say two Rain8 or more X10 devices
> (with different X10 addresses) on a single cable like you can RS485
serial.

> BTW - the Rain8 is a device that provides 8 analogue switched outputs
under
> X10 control for sprinkler control.  It seems logical to my mind that you
> should be able to directly connect the automation controller and the
Rain8 -