Bridging Module ?? (Leviton)

I've seen this piece in HD and catalogs...says up to 4 lines to 9 phones.
(Has 10x 110 punch downs)

http://www.smarthome.com/8631b1.html

Do I understand that when I punch-down the incoming phone cable wires on one
of the 110 blocks, the signal is distributed to the corresponsing places on
the other nine?  (If so, presumably all 10 punch downs are connected using a
printed circuit board, to which they are attached.

At $29, this seems a little pricey for what goes into the product. (Although
sales volume must be pretty low: there still aren't a whole lot of people
networking their homes.) I just want to distribute two phone lines to
several rooms. I already have cat5 going to a few rooms, terminated in
low-voltage in-wall boxes, with 6-gang covers, so distributing the phones'
signal is next on my list. (Could just skip it and buy multi-handset
cordless phones.)

Any suggestions at lower cost?

Thanks,
Bill