Re: CM15A Firmware versions

You may be talking about the "quick hack" I posted.    It's only the very
basic part of what I've got (and haven't even updated that in some time -
including the docs).  The app was originally written (by me) for Dallas
1-wire, and X10 was added.  It's got full scripting, and built in web
access/control.

I might release it one day to others, but my main goal was a custom app for
my specific environment.

I'm debating adding another x10 controller other than the cm15a.  The way it
was originally written, 1-Wire is the primary interface.  BTW, the 1-Wire
stuff also works (same source) on Windows too...  Been debating making the
X10 work there too, but then again, I don't really trust windows enough for
it to be "driving" my home automation!

"Torsten Brasch" <nospam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> AZ Woody wrote:
> > It's not the Cm15A - it's the PC SW.  I've had two Cm15a's now
(including
> > the "diag" version), and the HW has been cool (except for RF range).
The
> > thing that really seems to screw it up is AHP.  When a macro/timer
triggers
> > in the CM15a, it sends only the eeprom address of the event back to the
> > PC...  The PC then tries to figure out "WTF?", and will get lost if
there
> > was even a minor change on the PC that wasn't downloaded to the CM15a.
> >
> > X10 is fighting a losing battle on this whole thing, IMHO, and it will
be
> > interesting to see how it plays out.  It's been what, almost 6 months?
> >
> > I am driving the Cm15a from a linux PC and not with AHP.  I don't think
I've