Re: Free Multi-Camera Surveillance Software

On 23 Jun 2005 18:23:06 -0700, announcement@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
wrote:

>Here is a video of how the motion tracker works. It tracks based on
>color. This was recorded using a Logitech QuickCam Pro 3000 with a
>TrackerPod.
>
>http://www.trackercam.com/TCamWeb/demos.htm

Thanks for the video. I finally got back to this thread...

I think I understand how this tracking sw works now. It
temporarily ignores the motion detector until the camera
reaches it's new position, other wise the entire background
scene would probably confuse the sw into thinking that
everything is moving all over the entire frame.

I noticed that how blue blouse is the item being tracked. Is
that because the blue has a higher difference in color than
the yellowish background and yields a better s/n ratio in
the motion detector? If the color sensitivity were more
broad, I suppose that the tracker would show a box around
both people, but in this case it's only around her blouse.
Interesting.