Re: Cell phone use with existing home wiring

In article <1119607518.521519.187220@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
 "Growler" <smaye@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I have never liked the idea of 2 phone bills.  I want to cut the land
> line, but I have some home theater hardware that must dial out each
> night.  I also want the convenience of the existing phones located
> throughout the house.
>
> I have been dreaming of a docking station for my cell phone that when
> docked would drive all the existing wired phones in the house.
>
> Is there such a device, yet?

I don't know if this will help with the home theater hardware but there
is the following device;

http://cellantenna.com/Dockingstations/CellDock/celldock1000.htm

The description sounds like it would allow you to 'cut' the land line
and allow up to 5 regular phones to receive and generate phone calls
over the cell phone. This is something that I have been thinking of
doing.  HTH