Re: New HA product development

On Tue, 21 Jun 2005 11:31:17 -0400, "Brett Griffin"
<brett@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>I apologize If I pissed anyone off.  I have an idea that several clients
>have asked for.  I don't have $5000 to pay someone to develop this.  I have
>the idea, and I have clients, marketing and sales.
>
>I don't see why splitting the profits is such a bad idea, I have several
>software developers that do this with me and they don't complain.  It works
>for both parties, I had the idea, and I sell it.  That is what I bring to
>the table. I have the marketing the relationships and the sales process
>completed.
>

>My idea should not take more than a couple of hours of a good designers
>time. If it does than you are not a good designer.

---
$5000 for a couple of hours of design time?  LOL, even _I_ don't
charge that much!

A _good_ designer shouldn't have to take any of the risk and is just
plain stupid if he agrees to get paid on the come, and then, out of
profits, if there are any!

A more equitable plan would be to offer a percentage of the sales,
which then takes all of the profit-eating mechanisms out of the
picture.

All you're trying to do is get some poor sad-sack to design something
up for you, for free, which you'll never have to pay for if you don't
want to.

Count me out!

--
John Fields