Re: help with x10 protocol

On Thu, 09 Jun 2005 10:28:04 +0200, JL wrote:

>> I need some help with the x10 protocol, I'm writing an
>> application and I want it to communicate with my CM11 module.
>>
>> I have sent the command to my module and I get responses but I'm
>> not really sure if the responses I get are correct.
>>
>> I would really appreciate if someone could send me some kind of
>> log containing communications with a cm11 module.
>>
>> For example setting module A1 to ON, what command do I send and
>> what responses should I expect.

Hex bytes when sending A1 ON: Host = PC, Device = CM11A

Host   --> 04 66   (Send address A1)
Device --> 6a      (Receive checksum of 04 and 66)
Host   --> 00      (OK, send it out on the power line)
Device --> 55      (CM11A ready for next command)
Host   --> 06 62   (Send function A ON)
Device --> 68      (Receive checksum of 06 and 62)
Host   --> 00      (OK, send it out on the power line)
Device --> 55      (CM11A ready for next command)

Regards,
Charles Sullivan