Re: Audrey Battery Solution?

> The stock power supply puts out 3.3@xxxxxxx and 5.0@2Amps. You could
> power it for a while on something like a 6v motorcycle battery using
> some voltage regulators to drop the voltage.

so the circuitry that you would need to get these two voltages is
essentially already in your existing power supply. I would look into
hacking that power supply to accept low voltage DC instead of 110V AC.
Internally, it probably uses a transformer to get the voltage down to 9
or 12V AC and then uses additional circuitry to step down to 3 and 5V
DC.

I'm not an expert in electronics, don't own an Audrey and have never
seen their power supplies, but my guess is that if you rip the
transformer and the AC/DC converter out of the power supply, and
connect a powerful 9 or 12V battery at that point, you would have
everything you need.

If you're real handy, you could break the circuit on the board and make
it switchable between 110V AC and battery powered. So you could still
use it plugged in as well.

Peter