Re: Free Multi-Camera Surveillance Software

Dave <dju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spewed:
> Oops, looks like a real, real old post. Has anyone seen how
> the tracker software works with moving objects? With all due
> respect to the OP, I'm skeptical.

I haven't seen the product you are talking about, but I bet it will work
better than you'd expect.  The program that I use ( from
www.homewatcher.com ) has motion sensing capabilities - and the registered
version actually lets you digitally zoom in on an object that is moving
across the frame.  Giving you a poor-mans motion tracking ability.  It works
pretty good, but it's incredibly annoying when used in situations not suited
for it, such as the time-lapse video on my webcam page.  (temp down)

But yeah, what I'm saying is...  if this software package can do a digital
zoom tracker with decent results, I'd bet that a dedicated tracking
hardware/software system would work pretty good.   :)

--
Visit My Site:  http://www.rubbertoe.com