Re: Free Multi-Camera Surveillance Software

On Fri, 10 Jun 2005 12:36:50 GMT, "Robert J Batina"
<rbatina@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dave <dju@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> spewed:
>> Oops, looks like a real, real old post. Has anyone seen how
>> the tracker software works with moving objects? With all due
>> respect to the OP, I'm skeptical.
>
>I haven't seen the product you are talking about, but I bet it will work
>better than you'd expect.  The program that I use ( from
>www.homewatcher.com ) has motion sensing capabilities - and the registered
>version actually lets you digitally zoom in on an object that is moving
>across the frame.  Giving you a poor-mans motion tracking ability.  It works
>pretty good, but it's incredibly annoying when used in situations not suited
>for it, such as the time-lapse video on my webcam page.  (temp down)
>
>But yeah, what I'm saying is...  if this software package can do a digital
>zoom tracker with decent results, I'd bet that a dedicated tracking
>hardware/software system would work pretty good.   :)

I'm working on a tracking recorder myself and I can track a
moving object but if the camera moves all bets are off. If
it moves then everything in the frame looks like it's
moving, (to the motion detector and tracker)...because it
is. So I'm curious if this mechanical tracking algorithm can
really perform on a 1.6ghz. But maybe they have a special
pattern search method that works differently. It would take
a fair amount of CPU to recognize items in order to match
the background image in both frames and it has to
distinguish between the background and the moving object in
order to understand what is moving and what isn't....all
while the camera moves about. I wish I could test the
hardware along with the software to see how well it works.
If the company has a video I'd like to see it.