Re: Cell phone use with existing home wiring

>>> No, that won't usually work for high-speed modem calls.
>>>  Sure, it's great for voice, but not for modem or fax calls.
>>
>> I disagree.  I make and take faxes over a Vonage line
>> every day.  It works just fine.
>
> When using an ATA with a port configured specifically to
> support faxes, yes, it can work better.  Note you won't get
> a modem connection through it, certainly not reliably and
> definitely not at high speed.

I do occasionally use the voice (not fax) port for modem connection.  It
seems to work OK for the low speed modems we use to program certain alarm
control panels.  I have no reason to use a high speed modem over Vonage.  My
Internet access while in the USA is cable modem service.  We're having both
cable modem and DSL installed in the condo in Brazil.  That should keep me
online during occasional outages from one or the other service provider.

--

Regards,
Robert L Bass

Bass Home Electronics