Re: Need help with Active Home macro

"Occupant" <occupant@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:W8GdneAFCKNcijffRVn-hA@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> "Jack Ak" <akjack@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
> >

> > My ActiveHome Help-About shows version 1.4 (B2.0.70) ... Version 2.0
> > I have no idea why your installation doesn't include Help information.
> >
> > Here is the text from the first Help screen under Contents  F1 ...
> >
> > This screen lists the main areas covered by ActiveHome Help. To see a listing of
> topics for a particular area, use the mouse to
> > click on the area in which you are interested. Anywhere where you see text shown in
> green (on a color monitor) or lighter than
> > normal text (on a grayscale screen) means that clicking on the text will display
> more information on that topic.
> >
> > Getting Started
> > Concepts and Terms
> > Sample File
> > Menu Commands
> >
> > Tool Bar
> > Glossary
> > ActiveHome System Messages
> > Product Information
> > Troubleshooting
> > Technical Support
> >
> > Note: Some areas of Help show bit map pictures of ActiveHome screens. These look
> best when you are running at a resolution of 640 by
> > 480. If you are running your computer monitor at a higher resolution (for example
> 1024 by 768) some bit maps may appear distorted.
> >

> Yes, I get the same initial help screen.  And I think I have exhausted all drill
> down paths and found nothing relating to *coding* a macro.  Lot's of details on
> the icon based "Macro Generator" though.  Would you tell me what drill down
> path you used to access the help screen where you found the description of the
> coded example you initially provided in this thread?
>
> I'm using the Windows version of AH.  If you're using the MAC, Linux, or other
> version that may be why I'm having a difficult time finding the right help screen.

The example I posted wasn't in a Help screen.  Those lines were from one of
my X10 ActiveHome configuration files.  I have a utility program which will display
ActiveHome User Files in human readable format.  I think it may have been in the
FTP directory at X10.com several years ago.  It was named EEPROM or MEMORY.

I never "coded" a Macro.  I use ActiveHome to create Macros which are downloaded
to the CM11A and saved as an ActiveHome User File.  The DOS file extension is .X10.