Re: Insteon Review

Thanks for the scope shots Dave.

I received the Insteon starter kit too.  Have a few Smarthome and X10
products in the house including their KeyPadLinc, and active booster/coupler
that plugs into the dryer outlet.  The later works in compliment with the
Insteon RF repeater/coupler which is active ONLY on Insteon.  The X10
booster on the dryer plug must remain for repeating X10 signals.

The tabletop controller has a neat feature where it blinks the white LED
very brightly when receiving X-10 or Insteon confirmation of a command.  It
does not blink if X10 activity is initiated elsewhere.

The response time is much better than X10.

I'm waiting for the new Insteon enabled PowerLinc and Keypadlinc which will
make better use of the Insteon 2 way functions and inherent reliability. The
present suite of Insteon offerings is still basic.  Nice, but no big deal.

RF Dude