Re: Software feature set for automation

On Mon, 18 Jul 2005 15:33:12 -0400, "E. Lee Dickinson"
<lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
<dbh07b$f30$1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

>"E. Lee Dickinson" <lee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>> 5) Media Integration.  This, in my opinion, is where the current
offerings
>> are most lacking.  I would LOVE to see a BeyondMedia-like system for one
>> of the automation packages or an automation package that integrated with
>> Windows Media Center Edition. I want TV on my touchscreens. I want
>> lighting on my computers. There should be a single front-end that gives
me
>> access to everything from recorded TV programs to security system to
>> lighting. Having to minimize one app and access another isn't going to
cut
>> it.  Having to change channels to a modulated distro channel and pick up
>> the other remote isn't gonna cut it.
>
>I see that HAI has a version for Windows Media Center Edition. Looks very
>slick.
>
>Only problem with WMCE is you can't buy it.

Not clear what you mean by "you can't buy it. I've purchased two legal
licenses from two different internet vendors. Works perfectly but you need
to assure hardware compatibility of video card especially.  Froogle on
"Windows Media Center Edition 2005" and choose from one of the reliable
vendors like newegg.com, tigerdirect.com , shentech.com. Newegg in
particular has superb service in my experience. About $140 to $190 shipped
depending on whether you also want MS's remote.

Take a look at www.charmedquark.com for media-centric HA automation
software. Its AV hardware list is very good and the HA are aspects growing.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult