Re: Automation Panel vs. Components

I personally would never rely on a PC to be the central controlling unit for
the security component.  There are just too many things that can cause the
PC to be down.  For me, a security system needs to be rock solid, not only
for intrusion detection, but also for smoke / gas detection.

I am a big fan of HAI panels (which has a HomeSeer plug-in available), but I
have heard very good things about the ELK M1 as well.  It may run you a bit
more $, but I think the tradeoff would be worth it.

Kurt