Re: X10 -> UPB?

First, I agree with using the UPB I/O module for this application,
eliminating X-10.

The Magic Module can only "hear" a single housecode so multiple Magic
Modules, each with its own PLC interface, are needed for monitoring multiple
housecodes.

The Ocelot can store 128 ASCII strings (32 chars max) and provides a method
for entering control and other non-printable keys (required for most UPB
commands). However, I would not recommend it as an X-10 -> UPB translator
since this would use its only serial port. ADI has a Bobcat RS232 module for
their RS485 network but I haven't kept up with ADI's newer products and
don't know whether it can be used to send these ASCII strings - its send
only but I'm not sure how it is controlled/programmed. If it can send the
strings stored in the Ocelot or there is a way to store strings in its
memory, it would be one (relatively inexpensive) way to do this. My guess is
that it can.

For anyone who can programm PICs or AVRs, this would be a fairly easy
application so, should their be any demand, its likely to appear.