Re: X10 with Compact Fluorescent Lights

The officially 'dimmable' unit (Globe-electric 07307) dims down all the
way to off, and then dims up OK.  Remote control is fine.  I only have one
unit to test, and it has a noisier ballast (buzzzz) than the 48526 unit
mentioned below, even at full brightness.

The supposedly 'do not use with dimmers' model # 48526 (cool white)
allowed me to dim down to about 50%, where it then drops to a small 5%,
and won't go down any further.  I don't have a problem with noise during
the dimming.. remote control works just fine, I can dim down and up with
remote.  In that case, the X10 module itself buzzes faintly, even at full
brightness, but I have not one yet in the few weeks of testing.

I don't use the dim feature much with the locations I put the 48526 units,
so I can't comment on how long term use might impact either the bulb or
the X10 lamp module... i.e.: premature death for example.

Jeff