Re: X10 with Compact Fluorescent Lights

That is an interesting discovery.  The cost difference between the dimmable
and non-dimmable CF is large.  So finding that the non-dimmable variety
works great as a dimmable is super!  Does it start up successfully if you
dim it up slowly from dark?

I've experimented with CF dimmable with X10 and use a GE 23W lamp.  At the
time, I found that some CF lamps would dim very quickly over a small portion
of the dimmer range.  The GE has a nice range and isn't very sensitive.
However, it made the X10 dimmer deaf when the lamp was at anything other
than full on or off.  I had to add a Leviton filter BETWEEN the dimmer and
CF lamp to retain control.  You might wish to comment on the dimming range
you found with your Globe lamp.

RF Dude