Re: Z-Wave in the news

robertlbass@xxxxxxxxxxx used recycled pixels to say:

>Hi Reg,
>
>IMO, Z-Wave is in a stronger position than most of the other new
>technologies for automation control.  They've managed to garner support
>from hundreds of manufacturers.  Even Intel is planning to include
>Z-Wave support in upcomming PC microprocessors.
>
>That said, there is not the wide assortment of *current* Z-Wave product
>that there is with X10.  If you must have the whole kit and kaboodle
>fully automated today, look elsewhere or perhaps use a hybtrid approach
>with X10 for missing pieces of the Z-Wave puzzle.  That way you can
>upgrade from X10 as more Z-Wave options become available.
>
>Regards,
>Robert L Bass
>www.BassBurglarAlarms.com

Home automation is so popular in my neighborhood and SO crowded, I had
to put my stuff away, unless of course, the Home automation segment
comes out with a way of "securing" your own X10, Zwave, Insteon,
whatever, setup.  Until then, I've stopped supporting or purchasing
home automation technology, altogether.  I've had talking X10, with
door sensors and the lot!!!  IT worked great, even had an Ocelot
setup.

It grew tired of coming home to lights on and other appliances almost
to the point of burning down the house!!!!

I've had the Ocelot check for by own code to make sure that N and C if
any lights come on when they were not supposed to, that it would turn
them off but my "neighbors" found ways of jamming HomeSeer and Ocelot
and pretty much screwing up the X10 setup for me that I've given up
and tossed my entire setup into the closet to rot.   Home filters,
etc, were not an option.  Oh well.

Like I said, until there is a way to secure your automation, it's just
not worth it for me!

Autobot This Spammers!
<A HREF="mailto:postmaster@[127.0.0.1]";></A>
mailto:postmaster@xxxxxxxxx
(to reply to actual address, dispense the dots before
and after sirname.