Re: The latest from Symantec - "Winfixer"

wkearney99 wrote:
> "Robert Green" <ROBERT_GREEN1963@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

> what??
>
>>>Effectively compares disturbed behavior.
>>
>>Isn't it sad that what so obvious to you, me and many others is completely
>>opaque to someone in pursuit of a obsessive-compulsive vendetta.  Frank
>
> just
>
>>can't see the forest for the trees.  Extending the analogy, what I can't
>>figure out is who FO's trying to impress.  Who's your Jody Foster, FO?
>

> LOL, good one Bobby!

Hmmm!  Let's see...  That's "how many flames" you've posted now??  It's
pretty darn easy to slip in to something like this, isn't it??  Now try
imagining someone calling you a "liar" and a "counter clerk" with
absolutely nothing to substantiate their claims.  Someone that offers
advice based on his "many years of installation experience" and then
tries to peddle his DIY mantra in a group primarily comprised of alarm
professionals.  Add the anonymity of Usenet to the mix and see what you
get...

Am I stalking Robert??  To be honest, that did have something to do with
it in when I first started posting here.  I was curious as to how he
behaved in other forums.  I mean I'd seen some of the stuff on Google,
but I had anticipated that perhaps that was an abberation...  an
anomally...  something in the past that he'd rather forget about and
move on from...   He's managed to piss off a lot of people over the
years.  It's interesting that he doesn't have to be gone long for people
to notice that things are "different".

He behaves here quite differently as well.  But then, I would expect
that since most of you represent his actual "market".  If you look at my
original "debut" into this group, I was merely asking a question.   It
didn't help matters that I was (at that time) actively engaged in
attacking him in another forum, and, in retrospect, I should have "kept
my yap shut", and looked up the reference instead of asking him.  About
a year ago, I had a hard look at what I was doing in ASA.  I was, quite
frankly, ashamed of my behaviour.  I realized that the person that was
attacking Robert at every opportunity was not the person I was in real
life.  Usenet tends to be able to muddy behavioural boundaries.  It's
really easy to fall into the "group mentality" (by that I mean the
"gang" related mind-set).  I didn't like what I saw and have decided to
limit myself to asking Robert to provide proof of his often outrageous
remarks and simply refrain from outright flaming him.  There is a huge
difference between telling the truth (or pointing it out) and flaming an
individual.

These days, I feel much better about myself.  Robert's posts still
attract my attention but I don't let him get under my skin like I used
to.  I realize his "issues" are far more intense than anything I have to
deal with today or have had to deal with in the past.  I also sincerely
doubt that Robert will ever change.

The subject line of this thread had to do with "Winfixer".  The fact
that it's still an active issue with Robert's site (and that he refuses
to acknowledge it) was of concern to me because he posts the link to his
site all the time.  Mr. Fuhrmann has been far more honest about the
situation (and his feelings) than you and Mr. Green, who have decided to
twist what I've said into a personal attack on me.  Some of my remarks
in response have been on the edge, and I apologize.  I've tried to keep
them on the light side and hope that's come across (this isn't the best
medium by which to transmit sarcasm, subtle or otherwise).