Re: In-Wall Audio for One Room?

In article <1133539162.438553.64300@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
joelfinkle <joelfinkle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>In a kitchen, do you need a lot of fidelity?
>>Powered speakers can be fairly small and some are even
>>marine rated. Folks have put a SqueezeBox upside down
>>so it can hang from the cabinet. A couple of
>>powered speakers and you're done.
>
>>If you're willing to drag wires, you can do anything.
>
>Powered speakers would probably not be adequate for the room -- I said
>before I'm planning wall or ceiling speakers (not sure whether
>flush-mount or not).

Don't dismiss powered speakers :-) There are many types, ranging from
wimpy computer speakers, to full size concert systems that will blow your
doors and windows out.. it all depends on how much you want to spend.
Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --