Re: Suggestions for X10/Automation Widgets

In article <43a70813.57016148@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
Dave Houston <nobody@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>There are a couple of inline 230V appliance modules available in Europe.
>
>http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=230&category_id=&;
>http://www.laser.com/?page=shop/flypage&product_id=318&category_id=&;

There are even more than that.. look at the DIN rail stuff..
I keep forgetting about DIN rail, but I like the style..
too bad they are all 230v/50hz..

>And all of the dimmers sold there are 230V.

One problem.. 50hz vs 60hz..

>"Jeff Volp" <JeffVolp@xxxxxxx> wrote:
>
>>The ELK 9100 is a 240V hardwired module that can switch up to 30A.  But it
>>is not designed to fit inside a junction box.  The Leviton 6298 is a Decora
>>outlet that can switch 240V at 20A.  Both of these are pretty expensive -
>>probably due to the low demand.

6298 dosen't list as having a feedthru capability.. just an outlet.

>>There would be problems developing a dimmer module that can handle that much
>>current because of the amount of heat that has to be radiated.  Most
>>electrical boxes today are plastic, and I don't think they can handle that
>>kind of internal heat load.

I actually wasn't asking about dimmer modules.. Leviton has the 6290,
which is a 2000w unit, that mounts in a 8x10 electrical box.

>>Jeff

Bob Vaughan  | techie @ tantivy.net 		  |
	     | P.O. Box 19792, Stanford, Ca 94309 |
-- I am Me, I am only Me, And no one else is Me, What could be simpler? --