Re: $20 Insteon dimmer switch

On Sat, 24 Dec 2005 23:54:43 -0500, "Manny Bhuta" <Testing@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote in message  <pCprf.7196$LE4.2754@xxxxxxxx>:

>  I also can't wait for Insteon motion detector.

Hi Manny,

(It's been 8-10 years since we chatted in rec.photo.*)

Keep us posted on the capabilities of the Insteon motion detectors --
especially the latency between motion and receipt of the signal by the
controller. I've not yet been successful in using even hard-wired motion
detectors for 'motion vectoring', that is, calculating the direction that an
object travels in a house. Motion vectoring is useful for (eg) determining
which lights to turn on and off. Surprisingly (to me) the NAPCO 9600 system
that I use has too much time lag. I'm installing an ELK M1Gold to see (among
other reasons) whether that is fast enough.

Thanks... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org