Re: $20 Insteon dimmer switch

news:43b0517d.36808340@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> http://www.smarthome.com/2876db.html
>
> There's a non-dimming version, too.
>
> http://www.smarthome.com/2876sb.html
>
> I couldn't find a comparison chart listing similarities/differences with
> the
> higher priced SwitchLinc V2 line.

Dave:

I just bought two along with two Insteon V2 dimmers. The major difference is
that the ICON dimmer does not have the 8 LEDs, just one. Also, it supposedly
stores fewer scenes. But, it's two-way and is compatible with both X10 and
Insteon. Both work very nicely. It says on the web that the ICON is rated
for 300W and the Insteon V2 is 600 W. But, looking at the packages of both
(which look amazingly similar), both are rated at 600W. I'm buying a bunch
more of the ICONs! Very nice deal.

Craig