Re: $20 Insteon dimmer switch

"Mark Thomas" <mrt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:1135795510.453424.185340@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

> Dave Houston wrote:
>> As to fixture modules - what the devil is a fixture module? ;)
>
> The kind you hardwire into a junction box or other inaccessible place.
>
> I use these in several places, and don't see how they can make an
> Insteon one work. How would you enter setup mode? You can't push a
> button.

One of the Insteon guys was soliciting ideas about this in one of the HA
fora (don't remember which one; probably Cocoontech or AccessHA).  I don't
remember any specific responses, just that none of them struck me as being
an ideal solution.

Failing anything else, it can be done through software on a computer with an
Insteon powerline interface.  That's how you'd want to do linking in any
sizeable Insteon installation anyway.

    - Dennis Brothers