Re: New paradigm for home heating automation and control

On Thu, 22 Dec 2005 21:12:09 -0500, Pat Farrell <pfarrell@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote
in message  <41Jqf.68031$sg5.50050@dukeread12>:

>What you want is enough sensors to know what rooms
>you will be using, and get them conditioned before you
>get there.
>
>Not an easy problem.

Right. With buildings with large thermal mass (=large heat capacity) such as
stone or brick or concrete slab, the problem is severe. This is also an
issue with hydronic, underfloor heating. One  solution that has been
implemented commercially is to include outside temperature in the
thermostat's decision algorithm. Another step forward made possible by
custom HA software with internet access is to use a forecasted temperature.
This is part of what I alluded to earlier.

... Marc
Marc_F_Hult
www.ECOntrol.org