Smarthome 1132CU questions

Hello Folks,

Two participants in this newsgroup have recently suggested the Smarthome
1132CU to replace a flaky CM11A. So I researched that a bit. Two things
came up that are a concern:

Some people have reported substantial drift of its realtime clock. That
wouldn't be good. Does anybody know whether that's still the case and
whether one can fix that? I'd have no problem opening it up for a mod.
But in contrast to X10 gear I could not find a schematic for the CM11A
on the web. I believe it uses a Dallas realtime chip so it should work fine.

Battery: It's supposedly not replaceable. Or is it if you'd get inside?
Again, opening the device would be no problem. But that would only work
if the code is all in flash memory and it doesn't lose its brains after
the battery dies.

Regards, Joerg

http://www.analogconsultants.com