Re: Togglelinc Companion switch

Dan Wilga wrote:
> I just purchased a couple of Togglelinc switches, one of which I rather
> stupidly realized too late for the order needs to be used in a 3-way
> setup.
>
> Since I forgot to order the "companion" switch for the 3-way, my
> question is: Can an X10 slave switch be used in its place? I'm doubting
> it, based on the fact that the Togglelinc actually knows about discrete
> on/off states, but I figured I'd ask if anyone has tried it, or modified
> a similar momentary switch to work.

Sorry - I don't have an answer, but I do have a related question: I
want to replace some 3-way hallway switches with X10.  I did this a few
years ago, but in my new house there's a twist.  First, I need
decora-style plates.  This isn't a problem.  Second, the lights I'm
switching are fluorescent.  I'm already using some X10 relay wall
switches (http://www.smarthome.com/2206.html) to control outdoor
fluorescent lights.  What I'm confused about is finding a companion
switch to go with the relay wall switch.

Thanks,

 David