Re: Neutral wire at switches for outlets?

"Ben" <galanti@> wrote ...
>I know this is a stupid question, but is there any reason why switches
> for outlets can't have neutral wires? I'm currently building a house,
> and I requested a neutral wire at all the switches. The light switches
> do have neutrals, but the switched outlets don't. Most of those are in a
> box with a light switch, so there is neutral in the box, but a few
> aren't. Does each switch in a multiswitch box need a neutral coming in?
> Any help for this newbie would be appreciated. Thanks!

ANY switch can have a neutral but most don't need them as wired (for no
automation).
As long as you are paying for the work, you can insist on them so that you
will have them available for future automation uses.

--
Bill Fuhrmann
Remove DELETE to reply