Re: Who makes a timer for days?

"Paul S." <paul4aes@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
news:u4RNe.3000$_7.1398@xxxxxxxxxxx

> "Robert L Bass" <sales@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> Altronix makes decent multi-day timers.  Their AT4 model is a bit
>> pricey and it may be more than you need.  Following my sig is a
>> link to it on my website.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Robert L Bass
>> http://www.bassburglaralarms.com/product_3536_detailed.htm
>

> Yeah,  "a bit pricey" if one where to buy it from your website.  A Google
> turned up units costing $90 less than yours

In this instance, the OP would be better served with an alarm control panel
capable of scheduling and interfacing with appliance modules like X-10...
The Altronix unit is excellent but the couple of government buildings we
service where it's installed are a PITA because you can't download changes.
You have to be "on site" to program new times and special holidays.  The
clock isn't the most accurate either and requires a couple of visits to
"tweek" every year.  Robert's prices are competitive and the one thing I've
observed is he'll adjust them (or match a competitors) when required.  A
number of online stores will even "dicker" with you on the price if you're
placing a large enough order.  Always be careful when comparing prices and
product.  For instance, you can also order just the board (without the fancy
enclosure and stand-by battery) which might account for the rather large
price discrepancy you've mentioned here.

I sincerely hope no one is actually seriously contemplating purchasing
product from any online store recommended by "Satan".  Sorry Group (and
particularly Mssrs. Green and Kearney)...  I just couldn't resist this last