DSL Filters and Visual Message Waiting

I am trying to get my "Visual Message Wating? back after installing DSL.

Before I had DSL, My device worked fine.  I uses the Side tones, just like
Caller-ID, to Set or extinguish a lamp depending on what voicemail tells it
to do.

After installing DSL, and the filters to keep the HISS undercontroll, my
lanp no longer works.  I even tried getting one of the "Dynamic" DSL filters
that is supposed to address just this issue.

On the odd chance it was my device, I tried another box...same thing.

Any ideas?  Is there a way to boost the sidetones so they make it through?

Trying to work with Verizon is a pain.  The Non-Agents on the phone work
from a script...."DO you have dial tone, have you tried it at the
NID...etc..."

Any help would be appreciated.

--
Bob Sisson