Re: DSL Filters and Visual Message Waiting

"Bob Sisson" <Bob@Sisson Family.com> wrote in message
>I am trying to get my "Visual Message Wating? back after installing DSL.
>
> Before I had DSL, My device worked fine.  I uses the Side tones, just like
> Caller-ID, to Set or extinguish a lamp depending on what voicemail tells
> it
> to do.
>
> After installing DSL, and the filters to keep the HISS undercontroll, my
> lanp no longer works.  I even tried getting one of the "Dynamic" DSL
> filters
> that is supposed to address just this issue.
>
> On the odd chance it was my device, I tried another box...same thing.
>
> Any ideas?  Is there a way to boost the sidetones so they make it through?
>
> Trying to work with Verizon is a pain.  The Non-Agents on the phone work
> from a script...."DO you have dial tone, have you tried it at the
> NID...etc..."
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
>
> --
> Bob Sisson
> Bob at Sisson Family dot com

Hi Bob:

The problem is your filters.  The best way to handle DSL is using a single
filter at the side of the house and separating your telephone lines from the
one going to the modem.  There are several ways to do this.  Here in BC, the
telco provider (Telus) uses a special "double block" that incorporates
separate terminals for the modem and the house phones.  Once all the phones
no longer use individual filters, your problem should disappear.