Re: Burnt Spot on Mini Controller

Sadly over the past several months I've felt my tabletop controller
getting warmer and warmer.
Then a few days ago the red LED would never turn off and simply stays
on.

Nothing ever operates now.

I figure I'll go back to RS and make an effort to replace it.  But what
could have possibly
died?

I checked most all of the diodes and resistors for proper operation and
resistance readings.
What now?

I have a scope and I have a feeling that even though this is about 1
year old the heat has been a problem
since day 1.  That much heat on the outside means a lot more heat
inside.

I'd like a schematic, tips on typically what fails and what fails due
to heat.  Then we'll go from there.

I'll follow up with repair tips, solutions and measurements.

Thank you

andre

aj aj aj  at  re di ff ma il do tc com

Thanks