Re: LampLinc 2000STW - mystery solved

> Yes John,
>
> I have about a dozen or so of the Smarthome modules/Switches. Out of the
> 12 I have 2 that will lose their address during brief power outages. I
> also have a whole house surge supressor. I don't know why only 2 out of
> the 12 have this problem, I have even switched the location of the
> modules with locations I have no problems with, and the problem follows
> the module.

Hi Kevin..
That stinks, if these things are that sensitive that a power outage will
cause them to do this..I emailed Smarthome and they blame it on my
power..They need to build them more robust apparently..Funny thing is, if I
unplug them, and replug them they are fine..But after a power outage they
lose memory..Can't figure that one out..Only thing I can figure out is our
power usually only goes off for a couple of seconds until the substation can
switch to a different circuit..It's very frustrating..All of mine are still
under warrenty, I may start sending them back a couple at a time for
exchange..Maybe I got a bad batch..I bought so many over a period of time I
don't have any way of knowing which was what..But all within the two years..
Other than that I love them..They do work (when working) better than the X10
units...One thing I do like that if the power goes off at night and comes
back on your not left in the dark...

John