Re: Understanding X10 Dims???

Robert,
Thanks for your response.  Yes, Dave's post is clear, but it
doesn't answer my questions.

I can direct the CM11A to send the same dims multiple times
(with a few seconds delay in between) but the dims reported by
another CM11A (looking at the actual byte reported, not converting
to a percentage) vary by 1/210, occasionally 2/210. Why the
variation?  And what exactly is being sent over the PL which
accounts for the "retro" effect of the higher (by 1 or 2) dim
value, which is most noticeable with the LM14A but also observable
with a standard X10 lamp module.

I was hoping that someone who had monitored the power line with
something other than a CM11A, or who had knowledge of the
hardware/firmware with regard to dims, could provide some insight
into what's happening.

Regards,
Charles Sullivan