Re: Another ZigBee convert

I don't think it's really much of a practical problem. Even with the limited
range of most X-10 receivers there are not that many who complain.

I have brick exterior walls and plaster interior walls with wire lathe (your
wire mesh) in the ceilings and around windows, doors and archways. I make
fairly heavy use of RF as my mobility is severely restricted.

Lutron's RadioRA system also requires 25-30' spacing and I've never seen
complaints about its reliability (only about its high cost).

As long as people understand that ZigBee is low power and requires fairly
close spacing, I don't think there will be many problems. Many ZigBee
devices will be battery powered so the lack of an outlet may not be a
problem. Most houses here have ample outlets anyway.

It may be more of a problem in Europe where stone and cement structures are
more common. They tend to be unfriendly to RF.

I think you'll find the NFPA codes are quite restrictive and assure that
construction materials are thoroughly tested for safety.