Re: Substitute Hardware/Software for Audiotron?

franzen_torres@xxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I would like to have a music system on my home PC network similar to
> the discontinued Audiotron AT-100 unit. Objective is the same: to be
> able to locate and play any music file on any of the 4 PCs I have
> networked wirelessly at home through my stereo system. Streaming
> Internet radio is a plus but not absolutely essential, and price should
> be below $150 which is what used Audiotrons are selling for on EBay. I
> would appreciate any suggestions on what hardware/software replacements
> are currently available. Thanks.

Without a doubt I would recommend the Squeezebox 2 from Slim Devices
(www.slimdevices.com). High quality audio components, and nice features
including streaming internet radio, optional wi-fi, and free server
software for your PCs. Brand new it lists for $199, a little over your
target price, but you can get them within your target price used
(http://search.ebay.com/slim-devices).