Re: CM11A hangup: Any better products?

The CM11A has 2 batteries which are used _solely_ to run the RTC when there
is no 60Hz power. The CM11A PIC uses a resonator but also uses a discrete LC
oscillator for the PLC carrier. CM11As do not keep very accurate time when
running on batteries which is why the CM11A starts sending a "power fail
poll" as soon as 60Hz power is restored.