Re: counting impulses from an LED

Marc Gerges <marc.gerges@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Patrick --
>
> Not in France, but close (Luxembourg). My meter is 'electronic', but it
> doesn't have a phone input. The electricity company provides a solution
> in form of a module that connects to the meter and transmits
> consumption data via GSM/GPRS to their servers, where they allow me to
> log in and see my data. Theoretically nice, but there's no GSM
> reception in my basement.

In France we use Merlin-Gerin or Siemens meters which are equipped with
a TTL output (and a flashing LED). There are ways to interface this TTL
output to RS232, giving you the real time load of the meter. May be your
model is the same, there must be some sort of output for their module to
get the data ?

Patrick