Re: HomeSeer vs. HAL 2000

Brian wrote:
> Extra modules? Just the Webcam Plugin 39.95
> Homeseer 149.95 retail I sell for 139.95
>
> Hal 2000 299.95
>
> I think Homeseer is the better deal and better software. Homeseer 2.0 is due
> out at any time upgrade is 39.95. This is still 70.00 cheaper then Hal.
>
> Yes I do use Homeseer but I've been playing around with Charmed Quark also.
> Check this software out too.
>
> Support could be better but I've found other users very helpful.
>
> But each have a trial period. Download them and see which one you like the
> best.

Just to chime in,
I also use Charmed Quark Software (www.charmedquark.com)
It is a very flexible product that seems to be poised on the verge of
great things. The product is making impressive improvements in every
point release. Especially the new developments in Media management in
version 1.4 seem very promising.

In regards to your requirements,
CQC supports motion detected video recording with the CQC Application
Control Server module, as well as read out wheather reports.

CQC $200
stefand