Re: Visual basic and CM11/12

On Sat, 9 Apr 2005 20:25:05 +0100, Gavin Jacobs wrote
(in message <l_V5e.12022$VF5.10517@edtnps89>):

> Oops - I spoke too soon. There IS an ActiveX control at
> http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm
>
> Handling the async interface to the CM11 is non-trivial. You have to deal
> with unsolicited inputs and various responses of
> indeterminate length and/or inconsistent terminators. I did my own in
> VB.Net, using a third party async library because MSComm just
> didn't have sufficient flexibility.
>

> "Gavin Jacobs" <notasnoball@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
>> There was something like that from www.keware.com, but it isn't there any
>> more.

 http://www.homeseer.com/downloads/index.htm contains a link to

ftp://homeseer.com/pub/setupax37.exe

The control does sends and receives but will not program the eeprom in the
CM11a - but that is plenty for me since the PC is always on.

The VB demo is short and easy to modify too!

Very many thanks for the link